Sunday, November 26, 2006

Don't bother...

Attempting to dissasemble a sony vaio u3.... While most sony products are pretty obtuse, this thing is nuts...

Needless to say, when the disk conked out in the thing a year ago I ordered another one. I stalled out trying to get the thing apart about about the stage where if I went any further I'd break it...

Well I revisited the issue this morning and I've pretty much broken it for sure... The fact that I have a dead laptop isn't so galling (lots of dead laptops after all) as the fact that it's special (8 hour battery) which I went out of my way to purchase on a separate trip to japan is totally useless... That just blows. While the laptop was about $1000 used at the time, the battery was nearly $400.

I suppose the remainer of the usable parts could be ebayed (like the new harddisk) the jumbo battery and the power supply but it hard seems worth it.

No comments: